Teeth Whitening – Sweeny, TX
Leave Dental Discoloration Behind
Noticeable dental stains can surface for numerous reasons – from tobacco use and frequent coffee consumption all the way to the natural aging process. The good news is that discoloration doesn’t need to be a permanent fixture of your smile moving forward. On the contrary, Dr. Derek Funk can restore your pearly whites with in-office and take-home teeth whitening treatments in Sweeny, TX! If you’re interested in this cosmetic dental treatment , you’re welcome to schedule a consultation to learn more. Or, you can keep reading.
Why Choose Sweeny Family Dental for Teeth Whitening?
- In-Office and Take-Home Whitening Treatments Available
- Caring and Highly Trained Dentist
- Flexible Financing Available with CareCredit
Who Is a Good Candidate for Teeth Whitening?
If you’re struggling with mild to moderate dental discoloration, there’s a good chance that you’re a candidate for teeth whitening! Before confirming your candidacy, Dr. Funk will need to first conduct an oral exam, learn more about your smile goals, and determine the source of the stains. Then, he can determine if professional teeth whitening or another cosmetic dental treatment is more ideal for making your dream smile a reality.
How Does Teeth Whitening Work?
Professional teeth whitening uses clinically tested, safe, and powerful brightening gels to make your smile 6+ shades lighter. How we accomplish that, however, will depend on the type of treatment you choose. Here are the two we offer at Sweeny Family Dental:
Take-Home Teeth Whitening
If you are interested in removing stubborn stains, but you want to do so from the comfort of your own home, then you’ll be happy to know that we offer Opalescence® GO Teeth Whitening. We’ll give you a custom kit as well as detailed instructions on how to use it. That way, you can transform your smile from wherever you are!
In-Office Teeth Whitening
If you have an important event rapidly approaching, like your wedding, then we may recommend Opalescence® BOOST Teeth Whitening instead. With this approach, we can lighten the color of your teeth by several shades in a single appointment.
Tips for Maintaining Your Brighter Smile
Naturally, you want to prolong the results of your teeth whitening treatment for as long as possible after investing your valuable time and money. Here’s how you can:
- Limit your consumption of dark-colored beverages (and use a straw when you do).
- Consistently brush, floss, and rinse with mouthwash.
- Avoid unhealthy dental habits, like using tobacco products.
- Visit your dentist for a checkup and cleaning twice a year.
- Eat light-colored foods when you can, like plain yogurt.
- Get touch-up treatments as needed.
Ready to take your first step toward your dream smile? Then schedule a consultation with our Sweeny dental team today!
Understanding the Cost of Teeth Whitening
What will the cost of teeth whitening look like? The answer won’t be exactly the same for every patient since the final price depends on what whitening method is chosen as well as several other factors. Naturally, it’s important to make sure that your cosmetic treatment won’t break the bank, so don’t hesitate to speak with our team if you have any questions or concerns about the amount you can expect to pay.
Factors That Affect the Cost of Teeth Whitening
Putting together an estimate for teeth whitening involves answering a number of questions, such as:
- How severe is the discoloration? Will more than one treatment be needed to help you get the shade that you want?
- Will any additional procedures be required? Do you have any gum disease or cavities that will need to be dealt with before you can undergo cosmetic dentistry?
- Do you already have pre-existing dental work? Are there any crowns or veneers that will need to be replaced with restorations that match the appearance of your newly brightened teeth?
Types of Teeth Whitening: What Do They Cost?
There are multiple kinds of teeth whitening to choose from, and it’s important to have an idea of the costs associated with them:
- In-office whitening can have a price tag in the range of $400 to $800 in many cases.
- Professional take-home whitening kits normally cost a few hundred dollars, and they come with trays that have been customized just for you.
- Store-bought whitening trays can often be bought for roughly $100 or less. Note that store-bought trays are not personalized.
- Whitening strips, gels, and toothpastes tend to have lower prices compared to other teeth whitening methods. For example, a box of whitening strips may cost as little as $20.
Inexpensive Teeth Whitening vs. Professional Teeth Whitening
It’s important to remember that the cheapest teeth whitening method won’t necessarily yield the best results. People who use over-the-counter whitening products are often disappointed by how little change they see in their smiles. In comparison, professional whitening tends to be much more reliable. On top of that, it often just takes a single in-office whitening treatment or two weeks of using a professional take-home whitening kit to see a dramatic improvement in the appearance of your teeth.
In short, professional teeth whitening solutions are often worth the extra cost for patients who want a more effective treatment that will help them achieve results in less time.
Options for Making Teeth Whitening Affordable
Your dental insurance probably won’t pay for teeth whitening since it’s a cosmetic procedure. Luckily, using financing to break up the cost of the treatment is still an option.
At our office, you have the option of signing up for a CareCredit financing plan. This will let you pay for your care via small monthly installments that fit into your budget more easily. CareCredit plans typically come with low interest, and some even have no interest. Reach out to our team today if you would like more details about how CareCredit works and how you can apply.